Spider Exterminators, Control & Removal
Serving Georgia & Tennessee
Though most people cringe at the sight of them, spiders have been coexisting with humans for thousands of years, living in and around our structures and preying on the insects that are attracted by light, food, water, or the promise of shelter. While the vast majority of spiders in Georgia and the Southeast are harmless, that doesn’t necessarily mean you want them hanging around your home or business. Here are a few local species you should keep an eye out for.
YEAR-ROUND PEST SOLUTIONS
RE-SERVICE AT NO CHARGE
Why Choose Allgood?
When you need protection from pests, you can count on Allgood Pest Solutions. Here’s a few reasons why:
- We are QualityPro Certified
- We are ranked the 29th largest pest control company in the US
- We offer the Allgood Repair Warranty- 100% Guarantee against any damage while under warranty- no deductible
- We guarantee results or we’ll come back and make it right
- We employ long-term, well-trained professionals
What types of spiders are common in Georgia & Tennessee?
There are three types of spiders that are commonly found in the Southeast: the brown recluse, black widow, and house spider.
- Brown Recluse Spider – As their name suggests, they like to live in dark, quiet places like garages, closets, boxes, and underneath furniture. This species of spider is venomous, though they do not pose a significant danger to most people. However, children, the elderly, and those with a weak immune system may be at greater risk.
- Black Widow Spider – These spiders are an “oily” black color and have a red hourglass or similar-shaped red marking on their backs. They tend to be found in several places both indoors and out, often steering clear of well-lit and heavily trafficked areas.
- House Spider – House spiders are the most common species of spider living indoors. In general, these spiders are considered nuisance pests and are not dangerous to people; in fact, they’re responsible for eating many insect pests that inhabit your home.
Ready for your FREE pest control quote?Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Does Allgood Pest Solutions offer spider control?
Yes, Allgood provides spider control services in Georgia and Tennessee. Our trained professionals will correctly identify which species of spider has invaded your home and provide effective treatment services to eliminate them quickly and safely.
Are brown recluse and black widow spiders aggressive?
No, they are not particularly aggressive. These spiders like to live in dark, enclosed places and generally only bite when they are startled or accidentally come into contact with a person. They want to stay undisturbed and unnoticed and therefore do not seek out contact with humans. The majority of brown recluse and black widow bites tend to be misdiagnosed; either they are not spider bites at all, or are actually from the yellow sac spider, which is a more aggressive but less dangerous species. However, if you have a reason to suspect you or someone you know has been bitten, you should seek out medical attention just in case.
Why do I have house spiders?
House spiders often enter into homes to seek shelter and food sources during the cooler months of the year. They commonly enter through cracks and crevices in foundations, and through gaps found around windows and doors. They like to inhabit areas like garages, sheds, barns, basements, attics, and crawl spaces to be close to a food source – and far away from humans. A tell-tale sign that house spiders have invaded your home is finding a large number of abandoned webs (also known as “cobwebs”) in the corners of rooms and doorways.
Customized Pest Control Plans
There is no single off-the-shelf solution for every pest problem. Each Allgood plan is tailored to the specific needs of our individual customers. We take the time to understand the challenges pests present to your property and to determine how to gain the best results while working with your family’s schedule.
Spider Exterminators, Control & Removal in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN