Serving Georgia & Tennessee
The best approach to wildlife control is prevention. At Allgood Pest Solutions, we are committed to keeping you and your family safe from wild animals. Wildlife isn’t just a nuisance, they can be dangerous when they make their way onto your property.
Whether you want raccoons off your roof for good, or want to prevent squirrels from making themselves at home in your attic, there are several ways you can make your property less attractive to wild animals. Keep reading to learn our tried-and-true wildlife prevention tips.
How to Keep Wild Animals Away From Your Property
Especially in the colder months of the year, many types of wild animals will look to make their way into your property. Some of the best wildlife prevention methods include:
- Covering your vents and other openings
- Dryer vents are warm and highly attractive to squirrels or smaller animals. Cover the opening of a dryer vent with a piece of wire mesh cloth or screening to keep wildlife away.
- Protecting your chimney.
- A chimney provides the perfect opportunity for nesting and it can attract raccoons, birds, bats, and squirrels. Consider installing inexpensive screens, hardware netting, and chimney caps.
- Sealing off your porch from wild animals.
- Hollow spaces beneath your porch are ideal for wild animals to nest. Mesh, wood, or hardware cloth barriers can keep animals out.
- Covering your overhangs and gutters.
- Overhangs provide a place for birds, squirrels, and raccoons. Make sure to cut back any tree branches near the home and consider investing in enclosed gutters.
- Maintaining and cleaning your lawn and yard.
- Secure your garbage cans and clean up any debris or leaf piles to avoid attracting wildlife in your yard.
Get a FREE no-obligation quote today!
Click the request free quote button below to leave your information.
Common Wildlife to Prevent in Atlanta
Wild animals in Atlanta are common pest problems, especially during the winter. The following animals will look to get inside your home for warmth, food, and shelter:
Humane Wildlife Prevention Services
Even if you’ve implemented the best tips to keep away wild animals, sometimes they still can find their way into your home. If this is the case, it’s best to enlist the help of a professional wildlife control company. At Allgood, our wildlife prevention experts will work with you to determine how to best prevent wild animals from making their way inside. Contact us today to learn more!Back to Wildlife Management
Wildlife Prevention in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN