How Do I Get Rid of Termites?
The most effective termite treatment trusted by many professional pest control companies is Termidor, a liquid termiticide with a high rate of success.
When it comes to getting rid of termites, there are many treatments available that all have varying degrees of success. For the most part, the two main types of termite treatment are liquid termiticides and bait systems. The Sentricon system works to eliminate almost all types of termites, making it one of the most favored methods by pest control companies. Besides these two methods, there is also fumigation, heat treatment, orange oil, direct soil or wood treatment, and more.
What is Sentricon?
Sentricon is a baiting system that works by means of a unique combination of bait and behavior. The system puts a halt to the food chain needed by the colony, including the queen, in order to survive. By focusing on total elimination of the entire colony, Sentricon proves to not only fight off active infestations, but stop new ones from forming. When you hire a professional pest control expert to install the Sentricon system, the following measures will be taken:
- Bait stations are installed in the ground above your home. The scientifically engineered bait begins working to destroy any active colonies.
- The active ingredient in this engineered bait, which is nearly ten times more attractive to termites than wood, works to prevent termites from maturing. When the termites are unable to molt, they will die.
- Ongoing service and inspections by a professional will ensure the Sentricon bait system continues to work month after month and year after year.
Termidor utilizes an advanced undetectable liquid technology. That means that termites cannot see, smell, taste, or avoid it. Instead, they contact, ingest, and share Termidor, completely unaware that doing so will inevitably kill them. Termidor spreads throughout a colony in the following ways:
- Whenever a termite ingests or touches Termidor, it becomes a carrier and transfers Termidor to other termites it contacts. These termites in turn can become secondary carriers, behaving normally while they transfer Termidor to other termites they contact, spreading it like a virus throughout the colony.
- This unique, spiraling process is called the “Transfer Effect,” and it helps deliver devastating results to termites in order to maximize the protection of your home.
- Studies have shown that nothing is as effective as Termidor at eliminating 100% of termites. No other liquid and no other bait product can match the fast acting or long term protection that Termidor provides.
What do Liquid Termiticides Do?
Another common type of effective termite control is liquid termiticides. Although these treatments purportedly last for a decade, they don’t come with the regular maintenance and check-ins that Sentricon requires. Liquid treatments can also be disruptive to your property, whereas Sentricon is discreetly placed around your property. Bottom line, the patented Always Active technology in Sentricon focuses on killing the entire colony and keeping them away, making it the go-to treatment option at Allgood.
Other Methods of Eliminating Termites
There are a number of other termite treatments. Fumigation is almost always a last-ditch effort to eliminate a termite infestation inside the house, as it is also the most inconvenient and chemical treatment. Besides fumigation, other methods of treatment include orange oil, borate solutions, heat treatment, and more. In almost every case, bait stations or liquid termiticides will be used to control termites.
How Do I Get Rid of Termites? in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN