Are There Tentless Termite Treatment Options?
Many people are skeptical of fumigation for several reasons. Thankfully, there are many termite treatment options that don’t require tenting your home.
No one wants to deal with the inconveniences of leaving their home for a few days in order to tackle termites. Fumigation not only requires you to leave your home, it is also the most chemically toxic termite treatment available. Thankfully, it is almost always a last resort and there are many more treatment options available that work well to control infestations in your home.
Pros and Cons of Tent Fumigation
Because of all that is involved, fumigation is often a last-ditch effort to remove an infestation from your home. There are multiple pros and cons of this controversial treatment method:
- Benefits of Fumigation
- Fumigating is a highly effective way of controlling termites inside the home with almost always a 100% success rate.
- Although it does require you to leave your home, it is by far the quickest way to control an infestation.
- Fumigation works well to eliminate other pests at any other stage of life that may be in the home.
- When fumigates are pumped into your home, the gas can reach spots where many treatments cannot.
- Disadvantages of Fumigation
- Fumigation is extremely inconvenient, forcing families to vacate their home for at least two nights. Homeowners are also responsible to preparing their home by cleaning, removing, and sealing a variety of home items.
- Fumigates do not provide protection from future infestations; fumigation is a one-time treatment and will not work to keep future termites away.
- There is a chance tents can damage the roofing, gutters, and shrubbery on the perimeter of your home.
- Even though you won’t be exposed, fumigation uses toxic chemicals and gases to get rid of termites in your home.
Ready for your FREE pest control quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Tentless Termite Treatment Methods
As mentioned previously, fumigation is almost always a last-resort termite control method that is not favored by most pest control companies. Baiting systems, spot treatments, liquid termiticides, soil treatment, wood treatment, orange oil, and even heat or cold treatments are all methods that have been used as alternatives to fumigation to varying degrees at success. At Allgood Pest Solutions, the preferred method of control is almost always Sentricon, although fumigation services are available as well. Sentricon is one of the most reliable and convenient methods of termite treatment available with high degrees of success.
Are There Tentless Termite Treatment Options? in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN