How Do You Prevent Termites from Spreading in Georgia and Tennessee?
There’s no time to wait: As soon as you discover active termites, it’s crucial to call a professional pest control company immediately to keep them from spreading!
The first thing you must do when you learn you have termites is take immediate action to keep the problem from getting worse! No matter what, it’s necessary to contact a professional pest control company who will thoroughly investigate your property and determine the severity of the infestation. While waiting for treatment, it’s important to implement some of the following preventative measures that may help contain the termites:
- Remove sources of excess moisture
- Fix leaky faucets and broken pipes
- Declutter your property inside and out
- Clean up debris in your yard
- Remove any piles of wood in or near the home
- Place infested items in the sunlight
How Do Termites Survive?
Preventing termites from spreading requires you to understand what exactly enables them to survive and thrive. After you’ve discovered termites in your home and called a professional, the next step is to take every possible step to remove possible termite attractants in or near your home. The three things most termites need to survive are:
- Wood/Cellulose: Termites feed on any material that contains cellulose, which is why wood is their primary source of food.
- Water: Termites seek out moist or humid areas. Any environment with excess water or humidity is ideal for them.
- Soil: Except for drywood termites, most types require constant contact with soil to survive.
Keeping a Termite Infestation Under Control
If you’ve already discovered termites in your home, it’s time to call a pest control company. Implementing preventative measures after you already have termites may help keep them from spreading, but it won’t reverse what damage has already been done. Quick, reliable treatment is your best bet at not only removing the current termite activity you have, but also preventing the possibility of future infestations. Don’t waste any time, and call your local termite exterminator right away!
How Do You Prevent Termites from Spreading in Georgia and Tennessee? in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN