How Do I Keep Termites from Coming Back?
After eliminating termites from your home, it’s important to prevent them from returning through a number of preventative measures as well as annual inspections by a professional pest control company.
It’s understandable to never want to think of termites ever again after you’ve exterminated them from your home, but it’s crucial to stay vigilant about preventing future infestations. There are many preventative measures to ensure you are protected from another infestation, including eliminating excess moisture and other termite attractants in or near your home. The most important thing is to receive regular inspections by a professional pest control company, who can help you implement the best methods of termite prevention.
DIY Termite Prevention
Even though termites are unpredictable and can infest whatever they so choose to, there are still a number of things you can do to lessen your chances of getting infested:
- Eliminate sources of standing water in or near the home as well as any moisture problems, such as a leaky faucet or broken water pipe.
- Ensure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
- Be cautious of areas in the home where wood is in contact with soil.
- Keep piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and eliminate any sources of decaying lumber.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Remove dead trees and branches from areas surrounding your yard.
Ready for your FREE pest control quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
The Importance of Professional Termite Control
No DIY effort to prevent termites from invading your home will guarantee you’ll remain termite-free. While you should definitely follow the above tips to help your chances of avoiding them, termites are notoriously tricky and can’t be prevented without professional help. That’s why it’s important to enlist the services of a pest control expert who, in addition to your prevention methods, can regularly inspect your property for signs of termites. Some signs of damage or activity can be hard to spot even to the trained eye, making it all the more necessary to hire an expert.
How Do I Keep Termites from Coming Back? in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN