Buying a Home with Termite Damage in Georgia
Although it’s understandable why you may be wary of moving into a home with a history of termites, it’s completely normal as long as proper precautions are taken.
Everyone can agree that buying a home is likely the biggest investment you’ll make in your lifetime, which is why it’s completely normal to be nervous about pursuing a home with a history of termites. Unless there is an active infestation, it is generally considered to be safe to buy a home that has had termite activity in the past.
Buying a Home With Termite Damage
When you are investing in a home that has a history of termites, it’s best to stick to the following guidelines during the home buying process:
- Get a WDI report that will uncover any evidence of past or present termites as well as possible future infestations.
- If damage is found, you may be able to negotiate costs with the seller to cover treatment and repair expenses.
- Ask the seller for any infestation history the home may have just in case the WDI report missed something.
- If a house has significant structural damage or active termites, it’s up to you to decide whether or not to continue the home buying process.
- So long as any past infestation has been properly taken care of, you should not let a history of termites stop you from buying your dream home!
Say Goodbye to Pest Problems for Good!
Selling a Home With a History of Termites
On the other side of things, termite damage can unfortunately reduce the value of your home if you are trying to sell it. However, it certainly doesn’t mean you won’t be able to sell your home whatsoever. Best case scenario, you had a past infestation that was treated with minimal damage. Worst case, you still have termites active in your home. No matter the situation, it is best to be upfront about any termite activity or damage your home has when trying to sell, and it’s important to be prepared to pay for inspections, treatment, and repairs. As long as you are proactive about it from the start, selling your home with a history of termite should not be a huge roadblock.
Living in a Home With Old Termite Damage
It’s important to realize that past termite history and treatment does not make it more or less likely that you will eventually get another termite infestation. The best way to avoid having to deal with termites is to implement regular inspections, treatments, and prevention methods into your home maintenance routine!
Buying a Home with Termite Damage in Georgia in Georgia
Serving Your Pest Needs for Over 35 Years Across Georgia