Bed Bug Description:
- Bed bugs are VERY elusive, transient, and nocturnal pests.
- The first sign of a bed bug infestation is typically bites on the skin or the appearance of small brownish dots on the bed.
- Bed bugs gain access to people through used furniture and bedding, luggage or other objects that move from place to place, or through pipes shared by neighboring apartments or hotel rooms.
- Bed bugs can live for a year or longer without a blood meal.
- Bed bug bites may be undetected on people who have been bitten. Welt-like swelling in a straight line on the skin of the bite victim may occur.