Preventing Mosquitoes in Your Backyard
Serving Georgia & Tennessee
Mosquitoes have become more of a problem than ever, with warmer weather increasing populations all over the United States. Without the colder temperatures of winter to kill off these annoying and potentially dangerous insects, it’s more important than ever to focus on preventing mosquitoes in your yard. But is that even possible?
Your best chance at protection from mosquitoes involves principles of Integrated Pest Management and an expert pest control company. Let Allgood Pest Solutions show you how!
What Doesn’t Work for Mosquito Prevention?
Let’s start with the basics: what doesn’t work for mosquito protection:
- Bug spray: it might keep mosquitoes at bay for a short time, but it’s not guaranteed, and it’s not a long-term solution.
- Citronella candles: they can only work in a limited area. Again–not a long-term solution.
- Chemicals: spraying massive amounts of chemicals across your entire backyard may work for a little bit–until it rains again! It’s also not good for the environment, and not great for humans, either!
Fortunately, there are better ways to handle mosquitoes than bug spray or ineffective candles.
Ready for your FREE pest control quote?Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Getting Rid of Mosquitoes
Here at Allgood Pest Solutions, we focus on permanent solutions and effective prevention. This requires knowing a little bit about mosquitoes, and the conditions that allow them to thrive. Here are our top tips for long-term prevention:
- Get Rid of Standing Water
- Get rid of empty planters, buckets, or basins.
- Eliminate natural ponds.
- Get rid of old tires or tarps.
- If you keep a pond or birdbath, consider adding a bacteria that can kill mosquito larvae.
- Use Plants that Repel Mosquitoes
- Get the Air Moving
- If you have a covered patio, consider installing a ceiling fan. This will not only keep you and your guests cool, but it will physically repel mosquitoes.
- Use an outdoor standing fan to move air around an outside table.
Get Rid of Mosquitoes for Good
Using a combination of the above tips, your backyard should be mosquito-free. If you still have mosquitoes in your backyard after all of this work, talk to a pest control expert about specific chemicals or further solutions you can apply to your yard to kill and repel mosquitoes. Allgood Pest Solutions work with you to make sure your needs are taken care of, any problems are addressed, and we won’t stop working until your backyard is fully controlled. Call us today for a mosquito-free backyard!Back to Mosquito Exterminators, Control & Removal
Preventing Mosquitoes in Your Yard in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN