Mosquito Bite Prevention and Treatment
Serving Georgia & Tennessee
Some people seem to be a magnet for mosquito bites, while others rarely have to worry about them at all. Regardless of whether or not you’re prone to getting bit, it’s important to learn about mosquito bite prevention and treatment. A bite from a mosquito can cause irritation and inflammation. While rare, mosquito bites are infamous for transmitting a number of dangerous and deadly diseases worldwide.
To avoid the symptoms of a mosquito bite, it’s important to learn how to prevent mosquitoes in the first place.
Mosquito Bite Prevention Tips
When it comes to avoiding mosquito bites and the health risks associated with them, Allgood Pest Solutions recommends taking the following mosquito bite prevention tips:
- Schedule outdoor activities at times when mosquitoes are least active. Dawn and dusk are when they’re most active.
- Eliminate sources of standing water in your yard that may attract mosquitoes.
- Wear long-sleeve shirts and pants when spending time outside.
- Apply an EPA-registered insect repellent to exposed skin and clothes. Always talk to your pediatrician before use on children.
Ready for your FREE pest control quote?Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Best Mosquito Bite Treatments
Mosquito bites rarely cause serious symptoms, but it’s still important to learn about mosquito bite treatment options. In most cases, you can treat mosquito bites right at home:
- After being bitten, wash the bite in cold water and use a mild soap to clean the area.
- Use anti-inflammatories, antihistamines, and over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream if the itching is intense.
- Avoid scratching the site of the bite. This will irritate the skin and may disrupt the healing process.
- In the rare case, you develop any unexpected symptoms or it appears you’re suffering from an infection, always consult a medical professional.
Avoiding Mosquito Bites in Atlanta GA
Mosquitoes are one of the most feared pests globally. Although mosquito-borne illnesses are not common in the area, it’s important to learn about mosquito bite treatment and prevention. No one should have to worry about being bitten by a mosquito every time they go in their yard, which is why it’s important to prevent these insects from invading your property in the first place. At Allgood Pest Solutions, our mosquito exterminators can help protect your property from the pesky insects to keep you and your family safe. Call us today to learn more about our mosquito extermination!Back to Mosquito Exterminators, Control & Removal
Mosquito Bite Prevention and Treatment in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN