When to Call a Cockroach Exterminator
Serving Georgia & Tennessee
Cockroaches are one of the most common and horrifying things for a property owner to find. Notoriously difficult to remove completely with DIY treatments, cockroaches breed quickly and spread disease. Visible cockroaches in businesses are almost automatic reputation-killers, sending your clients running! If you have a cockroach infestation in your business or home, what can be done about it? Do you need professional help for cockroaches?
Indications of a Cockroach Problem
If you see one cockroach, chances are you have a lot more in your building. Here are some indications you have a cockroach issue:
- A sighting is a strong indication of an infestation. Check out other areas in your home that a cockroach might frequent.
- If you see adult and young cockroaches alike on your property, you have an infestation.
- Cockroaches like places that are dark, wet, and secluded. This means areas like the bathroom or under the sink in the kitchen, or inside the walls.
- They also love laundry areas, and can also be found breeding in any basements or crawl-spaces in your home.
It’s important to start treatment for cockroaches as soon as you see them. Cockroaches only need a few weeks to turn into a whole swarm, becoming more and more difficult to eradicate with each passing day. Cockroaches will consume anything organic available to them, taking advantage of every nook and cranny in your building.
Ready for your FREE pest control quote?
Click the request free quote button below to leave your information.
DIY Cockroach Treatments
DIY treatments for cockroaches are a gamble, but there are a few steps you can take to try to limit the cockroach population. Your first steps should be to eliminate anything that’s attracting them in the first place.
- Eliminate dark and undisturbed areas, either by lighting them or sweeping daily.
- Eliminate any areas with heavy moisture, including leaky pipes or standing water.
- Remove food sources. They will eat any organic material they can find, including cardboard, soap, fat, grease, crumbs, and garbage. If you remove their food, this should greatly reduce their population.
- Consider your options for treating cockroaches. While traps can work for smaller populations, over-the-counter sprays aren’t generally recommended, as they typically just shift the roaches from one area of a building to another.
After taking these initial steps, you may have been able to lower their population. In order to get rid of them completely, you will need to call a professional. Cockroaches are some of the hardiest insects on earth, and they have been able to survive nuclear testing sites. Even roach motels aren’t enough to completely eradicate all of the cockroaches in your building.
Do I Need a Professional Cockroach Exterminator?
A professional roach exterminator will know exactly where to look and what to do in the case of a cockroach infestation. After inspection, an expert in cockroach control will then treat and advise on the appropriate remedies to employ to get rid of cockroaches completely.
Allgood Pest Solutions has eliminated pest populations in every kind of building, from small businesses to large corporate office buildings. We use Integrated Pest Management to get rid of cockroaches in the most effective way possible. If you’re struggling with cockroaches, don’t do it alone–call Allgood Pest Solutions today!Back to Cockroach Exterminators, Control & Removal
When to Call a Cockroach Exterminator in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN