What Kinds of Termites do we Have in Georgia?
The climate here in Georgia is mostly temperate. That makes it ideal for all insects to live and thrive, including termites. Let’s take a quick look at the kind of termites we have in Georgia, and what is necessary to protect our homes and our belongings from them.
- These termites live in colonies of around 5,000.
- They are social insects that live in a caste system and work together to find food and reproduce.
- Drywood termites prefer hardwood. This makes them a danger to furniture inside a home, especially antiques.
- These termites do not require moisture above ground or contact with the soil in order to survive.
- They live and feed entirely inside the wood they are consuming.
- These termites cost U.S. property owners billions of dollars in damages each year.
- They are social insects that live in a caste system.
- These termites prefer soft wood, and are attracted to areas that have been softened by rot.
- Subterranean termites get their name because they usually build their colonies below ground. This is because they require the moisture that is in the soil in order to survive. When they enter a structure, they will do so by eating into wood that is touching the soil or by constructing mud tubes.
- They live, feed, and travel entirely inside the soil near a home, the wood they are consuming, and their mud tubes.
Formosan Subterranean Termites
- Since these are subterranean termites, they share all the above characteristics of subterranean termites.
- Formosan termites are a species of subterranean termites that are able to build nests that are lined with their feces. These nests retain the moisture that is needed for their survival and allows them to stay entirely inside the structure they are feeding on without contact with the soil.
- Formosan are the most destructive of all subterranean termite species.
If you own a home or are looking to buy a home, it is important to make sure you have a termite pest control solution in place. At Allgood Pest Solutions, we use the Sentricon® Termite Colony Elimination System, which is used to protect our nation’s White House and several other historical sites and monuments. It is 100% safe for the environment, targets only termites, and works not only to prevent termite damage but also to eradicate the colonies that are sending workers to feed.
When you need national quality, effective protection for your home and your belongings, Allgood Pest Solutions has the solution. Get immediate assistance today and stop termite damage before it begins with Allgood Pest Solutions and Sentricon®.
What Kinds of Termites do we Have in Georgia? in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN