No matter where you are—in the living room with your family or in bed at night—hearing noises and movement in your attic is frightening. While some may believe they are living the plot of a horror movie, the reality is that their home is being infested by nuisance wildlife. An attic is a popular place for wild animals to shelter, as they gain access to our homes through the roof. It goes without saying that no one wants animals taking up residence in their attic.
Our wildlife control experts understand the stress that wildlife problems can cause, especially if wild animals get into your home. Active Pest Control is here to provide all the information you need about potential infestations in your attic.
Common Animals That Infest Attics
Georgians are no strangers to wild animals roaming around their neighborhoods. But how do these animals get in? Animals that can gain access to your roof are likely to make their way into your attic if given a chance. These five pests are most likely to be found infesting your attic:
- Bats: Possibly the most dangerous attic dweller is the bat. Bat waste is toxic and can cause health risks.
- Birds: Hearing chirping noises or fluttering indicates you could have a nest of birds in your attic. They have a harder time leaving once they’re inside.
- Rats & mice: These rodents can make some of the loudest noises with their scratching, chewing, squeaking, and running. The roof rat is the most common rodent in attics.
- Squirrels: All types of squirrels can squeeze in through tiny openings and are feared for their ability to chew through wires.
- Raccoons: Female raccoons are known to nest in attics, and can come and go during the day and night. Chattering noises may indicate a nest of baby raccoons.
How Do I Get Rid of Animals in the Attic?
In the event that you think an animal lives in your attic, you shouldn’t go hunting for it on your own. When you try to get rid of the animal, bat, or bird on your own, you put yourself and your family at risk. If wild animals feel threatened, they may bite. This alone makes it important to hire a professional. When you work with a humane wildlife removal company, such as Active Pest Control, you can rest assured that the safest traps will be used to capture and relocate wild animals.
Certified Wildlife Removal Experts
At Active Pest Control, we understand how stressful it is to discover wildlife in your attic. Furthermore, wildlife poses a threat to your safety. Our animal removal experts will not only inspect your home thoroughly but will also put preventative measures in place to prevent wild animals from entering your attic in the future. Contact our wildlife experts today to learn more.