Four Cities In TN Rank Worst For Mosquitoes
Tennessee is famous for many things. Some of the biggest music greats like Elvis Presley, W.C. Handy, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison and many more helped to put Tennessee on the map. Places like the Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame are still a huge draw for tourists and an important chunk of our nation’s history. Of course all of these people and places came long after Tennessee gave more soldiers for the Confederate Army than any other state, and more soldiers to the Union Army than any other Southern State. This state has been a crucial part of our nation’s history and development and is famous for many things. Something that may not come to mind is mosquitoes.
While mosquitoes are a menacing presence all over most of the U.S., if you live in Chattanooga, Nashville, Knoxville, or Memphis then you are residing in the four cities in Tennessee that have the most mosquito issues. Just because these irritating and disease spreading pests are everywhere doesn’t mean you have to deal with them. There are a few things that you can do to help lessen the amount of mosquitos that are constantly on you property.
- Empty all containers that may hold standing water on your property because mosquitoes lay eggs on standing water.
- Keep your gutters and drainage systems clean of debris and operating smoothly. These water removal systems can create unwanted puddles and standing water which are perfect places for mosquitos to lay eggs.
- Keep your grass trimmed short. Mosquitoes hide in the grass during the hot hours of the day. Less hiding places equals less lurking mosquitos.
- Repair or replace insect screens in your windows, doors and vents.
- Always cover as much of your skin as possible when outside.
- Use a DEET containing insect repellant to ward mosquitoes away when spending time outside.
Utilizing a professional mosquito service will significantly reduce the amount of mosquitoes that you have to deal with. Here at Allgood Pest Solutions, we know and readily admit that eliminating mosquitoes completely is impossible but, our services and our professional pest technicians can greatly reduce them. Not only will we treat your property in this battle, but we will also help you to identify and rectify any areas that may be an attractant to these blood suckers.
These buzzing menaces are not only irritating, but are known to carry and transmit serious diseases like Malaria, West Nile Virus and Equine Encephalitis. The Center for Disease Control recognized ten major diseases that are mosquito-transmitted diseases.
Just because mosquitos are common doesn’t mean you have to live with them and just because they can’t be eliminated 100% doesn’t mean you can’t cut back on your exposure to them. Here at Allgood Pest Solutions we know that health and safety of your family is important to you. Lessen the chance of exposure to these diseases carrying insects by contacting us for mosquito control today. We will do all that we can to help defend your family and your property from becoming a mosquito infested area. Reclaim your yard with the help of Allgood Pest Solutions.
Four Cities In TN Rank Worst For Mosquitoes in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN