Everything You Need To Know About Termite Bonds
Whether you are buying or selling a home in Knoxville, it is vital to make sure you add a termite inspection to your plans. Subterranean termite damage is not something you want to inherit from someone else and, if you’re selling your home, it is better to find out you have a termite problem before the sale. That way, when you sell your home, you can add the cost of the repairs into the asking price of your home. But, even more than a termite inspection, you need a termite bond.
What is a termite bond?
At its core, a termite bond is a legal contract between a pest control company and client that may contain the following:
- Details of services the pest control company will do to make sure a home is free of termites. This includes inspections, treatments, and other initial pest control measures.
- Details uncovered during the initial inspection process.
- An outline for when scheduled service visits will occur, and what will be accomplished on those visits.
- Terms for a warranty, should termite damage ever occur.
- Terms regarding retreatment. Some companies only provide retreatment as part of a termite bond, and treat a termite bond as a sort of retainer fee.
What does a termite bond cost?
It varies, depending on the pest control company, and the services requested. Termite bonds that are only a retainer fee are much less than a bond that comes with initial treatment, scheduled service visits, and a termite damage warranty. There is also more cost involved in getting treatments that go beyond dealing with an active infestation and provide continual protection from termite invasion.
Essentially, a termite bond is like an insurance policy for termites. And, since this contract is attached to the home, not the buyer, it will make your home much more attractive to potential buyers, if you’re planning to sell.
If you’re buying a home, a termite bond will put the responsibility of making sure your home is safe from termites firmly on the shoulders of the pest control company. That way you can focus your attention on all of the other details, and have one less thing to worry about.
In Knoxville, termite invasion isn’t a matter of if, it is simply a matter of when. Make sure your home is protected with a termite bond.
At Allgood Pest Solutions, we provide one of the most comprehensive termite bonds in the industry. If you need a termite bond in Tennessee, Allgood Pest Solutions is the right choice. Learn more today.
Everything You Need To Know About Termite Bonds in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN