Does Rome, Georgia have household pests? | Allgood Pest Solutions
If you’ve spent any time in Georgia at all you will know for sure that we have pests. We have everything from nuisance pests, like ants and silverfish, to pests that cost United States homeowners nearly 5 billion dollars each year, like those humble termites. From bats to bedbugs, fleas to groundhogs, and mice to millipedes, we sure do have plenty! Yup, Georgia has pests–enough to go around and enough for everybody to get a fair share.
But what if you don’t want your “fair share” of pests?
If you have decided you have had enough in dealing with pests, there are a number of things you can do to deter them.
- Inspect the outside or your foundation and walls for gaps or cracks and seal up all openings with a caulking gun. Insects can squeeze through the tiniest of spaces and mice only need a hole the size of a dime to get in.
- Repair any leaks in your roof and check that your gutters and downspouts are working properly. Make sure downspouts direct water several feet away from your foundation. Bugs and animals are drawn to moisture.
- Trim back all trees and bushes several feet from your home. Pests use these as bridges to get to your walls and vulnerable roofline.
- Remove any standing water near your home or in your yard as these provide water for pests, as well as a breeding ground for insects such as mosquitoes.
- Do not stack firewood or other building materials near your home. Place these items away from your house and up off the ground. Many pests find shelter in these items.
- Make sure all your garbage containers have tight fitting lids. Use a bungee cord to secure lids if needed.
- Thoroughly clean your home, especially areas where food is present. Focus on problem spots like under the toaster, under the fridge, and between the stove and the cabinet. Pests will feed on just about anything they can find, and cockroaches are especially fond of those tight spaces.
- Keep all food items stored in the refrigerator or in tightly sealed containers. Insects and rodents are drawn to the smell of food, and if they chew into items, your food may be contaminated with bacteria, urine, or feces.
- If you can’t wash dishes right away, keep them in a sink full of soapy water.
- Only put pet food down at mealtimes. Otherwise, keep their food in sealed containers. Pests love pet food.
The Advantage of Allgood Pest Solutions:
If you really do not want your fair share of household pests in your Rome home, consider Allgood Pest Solutions Advantage. Allgood Pest Solutions offers three pest plans, with Allgood Pest Solutions Advantage being the best all-around choice. It starts with a FREE home inspection and ends with a satisfied customer. Advantage includes the following:
- Year-round pest control
- Rodent monitoring and control
- SENTRICON® TERMITE COLONY ELIMINATION SYSTEM
- Re-service at no extra charge
If you want to be bug-free this new year, consider Allgood Pest Solutions and Allgood Pest Solutions Advantage. You’ll be glad you did.
Does Rome, Georgia have household pests? | Allgood Pest Solutions in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN