Bed Bugs And Thanksgiving
Isn’t it great to see family and friends on Thanksgiving? It is especially fun if you haven’t seen them in years. There’s all that catching up to do. But, traveling to see the people we love can be stressful. There’s packing to do, tolls to pay, and long hours (depending on how far you’re going) spent sitting in a vehicle. That can get old quick. And, on top of all that, nowadays you have to worry about bed bugs. Well, hopefully, after you read this, you’ll have to worry a little less.
Bed Bug Trip Tips
If you plan to stop somewhere during your trips, here are a few tips that will help you prevent bed bugs from hitching a ride:
- Bed bugs hide in nooks and creases. Look for them in the creases of mattresses and box springs, in the nooks of bed frames, and other gaps around beds. They may also be behind baseboards and in electrical outlets.
- Bed bugs are insects. That means they will have 6 legs, 2 antennae, and 3 body parts. They may be 1 mm and pale colored. They may be 2 mm and tan colored. Or they may be as large as 4.5 mm and rusty-brown colored.
- Bed bugs leave black everywhere they go. Look for streaks and patches, especially around beds and on upholstered furniture.
- Bed bugs leave blood stains. These stains may be red or brown, depending on the age of the stains.
- Bed bugs leave shed skins. If there are bed bugs in a room, you will find insect skins laying around or stuck to fabrics.
- Bed bugs lay tiny white eggs. These will be in cracks, gaps, seams, and other tight places.
Bed Bug Tips
When you get to where you’re going, be sure to do a quick inspection of the room you’ll be staying in. Bed bugs can infest a home for months without being detected. Just because you’re staying in a safe place, it doesn’t mean you’re safe from bed bugs. Stay vigilant and you can prevent a bed bug infestation from returning home with you.
Whether you do a lot or a little to keep safe from bed bugs while you’re enjoying Thanksgiving, remember that Allgood Pest Solutions can help to quickly resolve bed bug problems if you ever bring these pests back to your Chattanooga home.
For more information, or to schedule service, reach out to us today for immediate assistance. And remember, when pests are all gone, it’s Allgood Pest Solutions.
Bed Bugs And Thanksgiving in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN