Allgood Pest Solutions Celebrates National Pest Management Month in April
ALLGOOD PEST SOLUTIONS CELEBRATES NATIONAL PEST MANAGEMENT MONTH IN APRIL
Allgood Pest Solutions advises homeowners to pest-proof their homes this spring
Duluth, Georgia (April 12, 2018) – Allgood Pest Solutions is joining the professional pest control industry in celebrating National Pest Management Month this April, a public observance recognized by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and Chase’s Calendar of Events, honoring the role pest control professionals have in protecting the public’s health, food and properties from common pest threats. During the spring season, pests are out in full force and are attracted to homes and yards as they search for a food source. Allgood Pest Solutions encourages homeowners to take the proper precautions to protect their health, food and homes from these unwanted visitors.
“Pests like termites, rodents, cockroaches, mosquitoes and ticks are a concern when the weather is warmer and all bring their own distinct set of complications along with them. Think: structural damage, foodborne illnesses, allergy and asthma triggers, Zika virus and Lyme disease — to name only a few, “said Will Jones, Regional Director at Allgood Pest Solutions. “As we’re heading into peak pest season, we strongly encourage homeowners to take a careful look around their properties and to contact a pest control professional to help eliminate pest problems and associated health risks around the home.”
To assist homeowners in pest-proofing their homes this spring, NPMA experts and Allgood Pest Solutions recommend the following:
- Eliminate sources of standing water around the house, including birdbaths and in clogged gutters to help reduce biting mosquito populations.
- Seal any cracks on the outside of the home with a silicone-based caulk, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery trimmed back and away from the house. Overhanging branches can act as highways into the home.
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Avoid leaving pet food out in dishes for long periods of time.
- Consider partnering with a pest control professional to determine the best preventative service plan to suit your home and needs.
For more information on common household pests or more pest-proofing tips, please visit Allgood Pest SolutionsServices.com.
Allgood Pest Solutions Celebrates National Pest Management Month in April in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN