How to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Thankfully, you can treat bed bug bites right at home. For bed bug bites to heal properly, it’s important to not itch them.
There are several over-the-counter treatments you can use to heal a bite.
When it comes to treating bed bug bites, there are several things to remember:
- Bites will heal in one to two week’s time.
- You can use OTC pain relievers to relieve swelling, pain, and itching.
- Apply hydrocortisone to relieve itching and burning.
Bed Bug Bite Treatment
When it comes to bed bug bites, it’s important to treat them properly. When a bite
Appears, wash the area with water and mild soap. If you leave the soap on the site of the bites without rinsing, this may aid in itch relief. Washing the bites also helps prevent secondary skin infections.
From there, you can use a number of treatments and medicines to treat bed bug bites:
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply an anti-itch cream that contains hydrocortisone.
- Use calamine lotion on bites to relieve itching. This can also help protect the skin as it heals from any rashes.
- Take OTC pain relievers to help with pain related to the bite. Similarly, take an oral antihistamine to help control any allergic reaction.
How Long Does it Take for Bed Bug Bites to Heal?
If left to heal properly without scratching, a bed bug bite will heal in just a week or two. As tempting as it may be, it’s important to never scratch at the bites. Scratching can lengthen the healing process and make the symptoms even worse! For people that are more sensitive to insect bites, healing may take a little bit longer, but typically no more than a month.
Can You Treat Bed Bug Bites at Home?
Thankfully, you can almost always treat bed bug bites in the comfort of your home. If symptoms persist or take a turn for the worse, always consult a medical professional. It’s also important to enlist a bed bug exterminator to get rid of the infestation so you never have to deal with treating bites again!
How to Treat Bed Bug Bites in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN