How Do I Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment in Georgia and Tennessee?
In order for bed bug treatments to be successful, some preparation is necessary. Preparation involves everything from providing access to your property to cleaning and utilizing post-treatment recommendations.
The main things you may be asked to do in preparation for bed bug treatment include:
- Prepare to leave your property for several hours, and to take your pets with you.
- Try to tidy up your place and reduce the amount of clutter in your property.
- Remove bed linens from mattresses and box springs, and wash them in hot water.
Do You Need to Prepare for Bed Bug Heat Treatment?
If you’re having a professional exterminator treat your property for pests, they will very likely provide you with a list of actions you need to complete to “prep”. Although it depends on the type of treatment you will be getting, some of the most common preparations are as follows:
- Remove linens from bedding and other fabrics from your bedrooms. Wash them in the hottest water possible.
- Remove all personal items that are on furniture or on the floor.
- Remove everything from closets and drawers, and possibly remove books from shelving.
- Clean or launder all clothing in the hottest water possible and store in clean storage bags for up to two weeks after treatment.
- Move items and furniture away from the walls to give access to baseboards.
What to Do After Bed Bug Treatment
Depending on how long the bed bug treatment takes, you can usually return things to normal within a few hours. Do not shampoo or clean floors for at least three weeks after treatment. In addition, do not replace your bedding until four hours after treatment. In general, treatment should prove to be completely effective within a couple weeks.
How Many Times is Bed Bug Treatment Needed?
If you use a highly effective bed bug treatment that is administered by a professional, you should be relieved of your bed bug problem. If the infestation persists, it’s important to reach out to your exterminator for further treatments!
How Do I Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment? in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN