How to Prevent Bringing Bed Bugs into Your Home
To prevent bringing bed bugs into your home, it’s important to be wary after traveling and about bringing used furniture into your home.
To avoid bed bugs getting into your home:
- When traveling or moving, always check for signs of bed bugs.
- Before buying used furniture, check for past or active signs of bed bugs.
- When returning from a trip, check that your suitcase does not have bed bugs.
Ready for your FREE pest control quote?
Click the request free quote button below to leave your information.
Preventing Bed Bugs After Traveling
Bed bug infestations infamously start after instances of travel, making it important to learn how to prevent bringing bed bugs back with you! To keep bed bugs out:
- If possible, check the lining and inside of your suitcase before bringing it indoors and unpacking.
- Wash all clothes (even clean ones) in hot water and dry thoroughly.
- Vacuum or steam-clean your suitcase before storing it away.
How to Keep Bed Bugs Outside Your Property
Unlike a lot of pests, bed bugs won’t just come crawling into your home out of nowhere. Bed bugs spread when they hitch a ride on purses, backpacks, and suitcases. Keeping bed bugs outside your property simply entails staying vigilant about checking for the signs of the bugs at all times. Whether you have a child returning home from college or are planning an upcoming trip, it’s important to stay aware of ways you can prevent bed bugs.
Best Bed Bug Prevention Tips in Georgia and Tennessee
To stop bed bugs getting into your home, the best thing you can do is to prevent picking them up somewhere. When staying in hotels, always store luggage up off the floor. In addition, check the beds for signs of bed bugs. When returning home, ensure your suitcase is bed bug-free before bringing it indoors. When buying used furniture, always ensure that it is not infested before making the purchase. In general, understanding the signs of bed bugs can help you know how to look out for them.
How to Prevent Bringing Bed Bugs into Your Home in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN