Do I Have Bed Bugs?
Blood stains or dark spots on your bedding is a main sign that you have bed bugs. Noticing bites on your skin and smelling a foul, musty odor are two other common signs of a bed bug infestation.
There are several ways to tell if you have bed bugs:
- Small, reddish brown spots on mattresses, upholstery, or walls from bed bug feces
- Molt bed bug skins
- Bed bug eggs or empty eggshells
- Red itchy marks on the skin from bed bug bites
- Unpleasant, somewhat moldy smell from bed bug scent glands
Signs of Bed Bugs
The most reported sign of bed bugs are their bites, which are asymptomatic in some people but leave red, itchy marks on others. Other than signs and symptoms of their bites, there are several signs you may have an infestation. Bed bug skins or their sticky eggs/empty eggshells are a sign bed bugs are reproducing in your property. Their feces leave dark spots on bedding or anywhere else they may be active. One of the most common signs of bed bugs are blood stains on your sheets or bedding, which indicates bed bugs have been feeding at night!
Ready for your FREE pest control quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
How to Inspect for Bed Bugs
If you think you may have spotted the signs of bed bugs, there are several things you can do to further inspect your property:
- Remove your bedsheets and look at the edges, crevices, and seams on your mattress.
- Look for live bed bugs, eggs, and nymphs.
- Inspect the box spring for the signs of bed bugs.
- Investigate other areas of the home, including upholstered furniture and even power outlets!
Do You Have a Bed Bug Infestation in Georgia and Tennessee?
If you’ve noticed the signs of bed bugs, whether that’s bites on your legs or spots on your bedding, how do you know if you have an infestation? In general, seeing even a few bed bugs means you already have a full-blown infestation. It’s important to have a bed bug expert inspect your property and provide quick, effective bed bug removal.
Do I have bed bugs? in Atlanta & Knoxville Metros and Surrounding Areas
Serving Clients in Atlanta GA and Knoxville TN